Defiance Blew It
Look, it's not all that difficult to understand the video game industry these days. With all of the networking, and communication that goes on, you would think creators and writers would be able to get the whole premise of "Give people what they want!". Then again, I guess there always has to be those out there that simply ignore this. After all, you have to have the crap to differentiate the good from, right? DEFIANCE, made by Trion Worlds, has done just that. NOT listened, or paid attention. Or maybe, perhaps, they simply wanted to roll something out that would make them some money right off the bat, and possibly shut it down later? Almost like the "Pyramid Scheme of Gaming".
The graphics are mediocre, the story doesn't really exist, the plot is basically crap, and the game play is...well for the lack of a better word, "average". Everything about this game screams average, and I am sorely disappointed. Especially coming up with such a fun idea like, "Let's create a game that has a direct impact on the TV show! Brilliant!" Indeed. However the series and game cohesion fail to formulate a reasonably decent show right from the get go. Character creation is extreley limited, game play is FAR too simple, and furthering your character is nothing more than selecting boxes that are connected to the original box you selected. Okay, so the boxes have skills, but the skills are so passive and annoyingly boring they might as well not even have them. Not to mention you cannot even customize your gear hardly at all, and your outfits are simply aesthetic! I did a quick review of the first few minutes of the game to give a small run down of how it worked, and although I did not express my disappointment here, I can assure you - it is there. Sad to say it, but Defiance blew it. Check out below for the commentary and game play footage I have of Defiance.
Defiance Blew It

No comments:
Post a Comment